Should I Get a Lawyer For a Car Accident?
Whether a car accident was your fault or another’s, people often ask, “Should I get a lawyer for a car accident?” The answer is yes. Auto accidents can be traumatizing and stressful events for everyone involved, especially when injuries take place.
The personal injury lawyers in Houston from Sears Crawford are here to share their expertise on when to hire an attorney after an accident and why it will be beneficial to you, your loved ones, and your case.
When should I get a lawyer for a car accident?
Depending on the specificities of your accident, you may need a general car accident attorney, an 18 Wheeler accident attorney, or a fatal car accident attorney to help with your specific claim.
You should consider calling an attorney if…
- You were injured in the accident (minor or severe)
- Someone else was injured in the accident
- There is damage to your or someone else’s vehicle
- There’s a possibility the accident was not your fault
- A loved one died as a result of the accident
If any of these scenarios occurred as a result of the accident, call an attorney you can trust as soon as possible. After you have taken the steps to properly document the accident scene, talked to any witnesses and if necessary, filed a police report, contact an attorney you can trust and describe your situation. When you’re ready, you and your attorney can begin discussing your legal options.
An attorney can help you file an accident claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance company if you believe you are entitled to damages.
Is it worth getting a lawyer for a car accident?
Simply put, yes. An attorney’s knowledge of the legal system can be invaluable to help you identify your next steps. Here is what the right car accident attorney can do for you:
- Investigate your claim: Once you’ve contacted a personal injury attorney, they will go over the details of the accident to help determine if you have a case and provide you with your best legal options.
- Gather evidence: Your attorney will gather evidence that may have gotten lost while overseeing the evidence gathered at the scene of the accident. This will include the police report, witness statements, any video camera footage, photographs of the damages, weather reports, and more to build a solid case for you.
- Help you claim damages: There are multiple types of damages you can obtain with an injury claim. These include lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, mental anguish, wrongful death, etc. If you or a loved one did suffer injuries as a result of the accident, you should not have to carry the financial burden alone. Your attorney will fight hard to be sure you get the financial compensation you and your family deserve by negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf, or filing a lawsuit, if the case cannot or should not be settled.
- Help you meet deadlines: The Texas statute of limitations for car accidents is generally two years. If you do not file a claim within those two years, you will not be able to collect damages. A car accident attorney will ensure that you meet this, and many other deadlines along the way so you can claim the compensation you and your family deserve.
- Take your case to trial (if necessary): Some attorneys are wary of trial…we are not. If a trial is necessary to win you the full amount of compensation you deserve, then we will fight hard for you in the courtroom.
At Sears Crawford, we have your best interest at heart. We will do whatever we can within reason to ensure that your case ends with the best possible outcome. Financial compensation will not reverse the damages of a car accident, but it can help you find some peace of mind as you focus on healing physically and mentally.
Are you in need of a car accident lawyer? Hire Sears Crawford for top representation.
Should I get a lawyer for a car accident? Don’t just hire an attorney you see on T.V. or hear about on the radio. Make sure you hire someone with the experience and expertise to handle the type of case you have. Sears Crawford are experts at handling Auto and other Personal Injury claims.
Ross Sears and Clay Crawford from Sears Crawford have over 60 years combined experience handling personal injury claims. In fact, Ross Sears is a Texas Super Lawyer who is Board Certified in Personal Injury Law with over 30 years of experience winning cases just like yours. No matter the circumstances of your case, the Sears Crawford and his team of legal experts are here to fight for the compensation you deserve.
To schedule a FREE initial consultation, contact us online or call at 713-223-3333 today.
More Helpful Articles by Sears Crawford: